Monday, January 17, 2011

Amazing Sandwich Wraps


I've tried several kinds of wraps to make a healthy sandwich and some of them really do taste like twigs and berries.

I bought this package of La Tortilla Factory Smart & Delicious Soft Wraps. I have to admit, they have been sitting in my fridge for a week because I was afraid to find them.

This afternoon right after work, I had to run down to Ventura to pick up my son from church camp so I had no time to run to the grocery store.

This past weekend I roasted two chickens to make several meals from. I have already finished the chicken soup. It came out great but I'm not a chicken soup fan so I froze it for the days the kids are home sick.

I made a nice chicken salad with some of the meat yesterday for lunch. Here is the recipe.

2 cups chopped cooked chicken

1/3 cup dried fruit mix. It comes in a bag all diced up together. Usually has raisins, apricots, apples etc..

4 T lite mayo

1 T mustard

1 tsp. Thyme

1 tsp black pepper

Mixed well and let sit to chill for about 30 minutes. It was a great little lunch.

**********************************************************************************

Tonight as I said above, I didn't have time to get to the store.

I was going to make breakfast for dinner but the husband cooked all the eggs this morning so scratch that idea.

I saw the bacon in there. I fried that up and pressed a paper towel on them to get as much grease off of them as I could.

I placed the tortilla down, didn't have to heat at all. Spread some avocado on the first layer, chicken salad then 1 slice of bacon.

They were so easy to wrap up and were DELICIOUS!!! Just as the package stated.

I would rate this product a 5 star for sure.

No comments: