Friday, September 16, 2011

Latte anyone?

It's that time of year where I start to drink hot latte's, yep Autumn is in the air. I'm usually an iced coffee type of gall. Now that I'm into this low carb eating habit, I've been watching my carb intake. Man oh man are some of my favorite drinks filled with over 30g of carbs alone!!! Yikes.

With this recipe use as much as you want and save the rest for another cup.

I've found a few recipes for a low carb coffee latte and thought I would share.


Ingredients:

1 cup brewed coffee (Any flavor you like)
1/4 cup coconut milk (Unsweetened) I make sure it's less then 2g in carbs
1/4 cup unsweetened vanilla almond milk  (I use the brand that is in the refrigerator section) Make sure its 2g of carbs or under
Dash cinnamon or pumpkin spice *Optional
3 T sugar free vanilla syrup or any other sugar free syrup you like. Chocolate or caramel is good too.



Directions:
Using a small blender (or just a jar with a lid) blend the coconut milk and almond milk. I will then heat this milk mixture on the stove just till steaming hot..

Add whipped coconut milk mixture to brewed coffee along with the sugar free vanilla syrup and top with a dash of cinnamon.

No comments: