Sunday, September 11, 2011

Low Carb Pancakes/Crepe


I am a Low Carb blog stalker LOL

I have found so many blogs I can't even remember them all.

I ran across a forum that had so many different types to this one recipe, I thought I would try it my self.


What you will need:

4oz soften cream cheese
4 eggs
2 packets or more to taste of Stevia or any artificial sweetener
Cinnamon or any other flavoring you like. I used coconut flavoring the first batch.

I placed all the above in my Ninja blender and pulsed till all blended together. You will have a thin batter

Heat a skillet and spary Pam or use butter.

Pour batter to make a small to medium pancake. I made them small so it would be easier to flip.
They cook fast so stay near the stove.

As with normal pancakes, you will see bubbles. Once you see them, flip.

It won't take much longer once you flip them.

After a few were made, placed them on a plate with some butter and sugar free syrup I had. I am going to look for another syrup because the one I have is 8 carbs per serving which is a tad high for my count.

I think the next batch I will put some pumpkin puree and cinnamon.

You can also make them savory by omitting the sugar substitute and add some green onion or what ever you like.

Let's enjoy and explore this recipe together. Please share you experiments with me.

No comments: