Wednesday, June 16, 2010

Brown rice pasta with sauted garlic and veggies



A dear friend of mine brought me a bag of brown rice pasta for me to try. It was $5 at my local grocery store but he found it for $2.50 at a store called Fresh & Easy.

A few friends suggested some things I could add to it for a healthy meal.

I took out my Biggest Loser food scale and measured out 2oz of pasta.

I cooked the pasta for about 10 min. It smells like your cooking rice. I drained well and rinsed the cook pasta because it did have a film on it.

While the pasta was cooking I put the following in a pan and sauted till tender:

1 T Olive Oil
2 T Minced Garlic
1 T Low Salt Soy Sauce
Frozen Broccoli and Cauliflower (as much as you want)
I added about 2 T of water so it wouldn't burn.

Simmer until veggies are tender and mix in with the pasta.

It was a delish meal.

No comments: