Friday, June 18, 2010

Lay It On Me! Lemon Tahini Dressing

I like to watch The Biggest Loser and found this recipe on their site today.
I can admit, I'm getting tired of the same ol dressing on my greens.
This had a bite to it and was a nice change on my salad.

½ cup tahini
1/3 cup lemon juice
2 garlic cloves, minced (note: use less garlic for mild flavor)
2 tablespoons Bragg Liquid Aminos or low sodium soy sauce
½ teaspoon basil, dried
½ teaspoon garlic powder
¼ teaspoon salt
Water

1. In a blender, mix all ingredients until smooth.

2. Add water to desired consistency.

3. Store refrigerated in a container with a tight-fitting lid.

Note: Dressing thickens as it sits and with refrigeration.

Serves Ten
Serving Size: 2 tablespoons

Nutrition Analysis per Serving: 80 calories, 6.5 grams fat, 2.5 grams protein, 3.5 grams carbohydrates, 170 milligrams sodium.

No comments: