Wednesday, June 16, 2010

Caribbean Turkey Burgers with Tropical Salsa

Here I am once again asking my self, "What's for dinner tonight that "I" can eat as well?"

Well, the answer to that my friends would be a burger. My kids love bbq'ing so I thought of a turkey burger would be nice to try on the bbq instead of that fatty ground beef burgers we use to get.

I love looking through the Shape magazine not just for my works ad in there, which is www.issaonline.edu (sorry had to plug it in there) but for the awesome recipes they have.

I found this one for a great turkey burger.


Serves: 4

Prep Time: 15 minutes

Cook Time: 12 minutes

per serving: 363 calories, 12 g fat, 40 g carbs, 24 g protein, 0 g fiber, 90 mg cholesterol, 490 mg sodium

Ingredients:

Tropical Salsa:

1/2 cup crushed pineapple, well drained or chopped mango

1 tablespoon finely chopped jalapeno pepper

1 tablespoon orange juice

1/2 teaspoon McCormick® Parsley Flakes

Burgers:
1 pound ground turkey

1/3 cup crushed pineapple, well drained

2 tablespoons finely chopped green onion

1 tablespoon McCormick® Parsley Flakes

2 teaspoons McCormick® Caribbean Jerk Seasoning or 2 teaspoons McCormick® Perfect Pinch® Caribbean Jerk Seasoning

4 hamburger rolls

Lettuce
Directions:

1. For the Tropical Salsa, mix all ingredients in small bowl. Set aside.

2. Mix ground turkey, pineapple, green onion, parsley and Seasoning in large bowl. Shape into 4 patties.

3. Grill burgers over medium heat or cook in nonstick skillet 4 to 6 minutes per side or until cooked through (internal temperature of 165°F). Serve on rolls topped with lettuce and Tropical Salsa.

No comments: