Sunday, January 9, 2011

Under the weather Sunday

I have been feeling like a cold has been trying to settle into my system for several weeks now. Last Thursday I felt it in my chest and just knew I was doomed. I've been taking meds for the symptoms and feel alright if I don't over do it.

With that said, I really didn't want to head to the grocery store for a full load trip. I had to get something, our kitchen was empty.. Growing teenager, enough said LOL

Sitting in my La Z Boy with my lap top on my lap working, my husband and I started talking about a challenge. He said, "Hey I bet you can't go to the store with $30 in my pocket and get lunch and dinner"..

Hmmmm I started to think Oh heck ya I can.

So I headed to the store, not feeling my best, and bought the following items.

1 flat of chicken thighs
1 onion
1 large can cream of mushroom soup
4 cans tuna
1 large bag of lunch chips
2 bags of bread
1 carton eggs
2 bags of whole wheat english muffins
1 jug water
1 bag hamburger buns

I already had lunch meat so there is the finishing touch on the school lunches.

I had a box of stuffing left over from the holidays so I'll mix that with some chicken stock I have and add the onion. I'll lay that into a baking dish and top with the chicken thighs and bake until golden brown.

So there is dinner, probably for two nights.

I even bought items for another dinner.. sloppy joes and breakfast, the english muffins and eggs, so I actually bought more then what the challenge stated!!! So there hubby.. I WIN!!!!

No comments: