Monday, January 10, 2011

Sweet and Savory Beef Kabobs


Tonight it will be just the boys and I home for dinner. I thought to my self, "What in the world can I fix that is easy and they would love to eat?" Well the answer is, Beef Kabobs!!!

Michael will enjoy helping me put them together.

The marinade I will use consists of:

1/2 cup brown sugar or 1/2 cup agave nectar
1/2 cup olive oil
1/2 cup soy sauce
1 cup pineapple juice unsweetened
1 T freshly grated ginger
5 garlic cloves, finely minced
2lbs flank steak or london broil
Any veggies that you like and will work well on the skewer

I like to marinate the steak for at least 2 hours but tonight will not be the case due to the time I get home. I'll have a good hour though, to let it all soak in. While your marinating the meat, go ahead and toss in the veggies while your at it.

Since my husband will not be home and I have no clue how to start our bbq, I'll be broiling them and turning them every 5 minutes and it should only take about 10 minutes to cook.

Thinking about making a brown rice dish to serve along with it.

Enjoy

No comments: