Wednesday, January 12, 2011
Super Bowl Saucy Asian Meatballs
I love the website for Taste of Home and their magazine. I can become a hoarder of those magazines, real quick LOL
Surfing their website this morning for healthy recipes to make for game day, I ran across this recipe and thought I would share. Who doesn't like saucy meatballs? I'm sure not many.
* 36 Servings
* Prep: 20 min. Bake: 20 min.
* 2 garlic cloves, minced
* 1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
* 1 teaspoon plus 1/4 cup reduced-sodium soy sauce, divided
* 1 pound lean ground turkey
* 1/4 cup rice vinegar
* 1/4 cup tomato paste
* 2 tablespoons molasses
* 1 teaspoon hot pepper sauce
* In a large bowl, combine the garlic, ginger and 1 teaspoon soy sauce. Crumble turkey over mixture and mix well. Shape into 1-in. balls.
* Place in a 13-in. x 9-in. baking dish coated with cooking spray. Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 20-25 minutes or until meat is no longer pink.
* In a large saucepan, combine the vinegar, tomato paste, molasses, pepper sauce and remaining soy sauce. Cook and stir over medium heat for 3-5 minutes. Add the meatballs; heat through. Yield: 3 dozen.
Nutrition Facts: 1 meatball equals 32 calories, 2 g fat (1 g saturated fat), 9 mg cholesterol, 89 mg sodium, 2 g carbohydrate, trace fiber, 2 g protein. Diabetic Exchange: 1/2 fat.